Here are few scenarios in which you can consider using transactional email for marketing or promotion:
- Product recommendations – Many e-commerce companies use their transactional emails, such as the order confirmation emails, to promote other products. product recommendations or related products suggestions.
- Follow-up on abandoned cart – Sending out automated emails that gets triggered when customer leaves their order unfinished.
- Discount coupon codes or offers – Sending out discount coupons or offers along with account creation or welcome email is a good way to prompt customers to buy your products or avail your services.
- Newsletter or event invites – Sending out promotional newsletter or event invite to all new subscribes along with welcome email is a viable marketing strategy.
- Referral discount codes – A couple of good examples of referral marketing using transactional emails are: referral codes sent by food delivery with order confirmation or food delivery emails, referral codes send by cab companies with booking confirmation or invoice emails.